Tuesday, November 30, 2010

I Feel Like Throwing Up!

What can I say? Where do I begin?

The things that I have been listening to (from my sister) are unbelievable. I have had such extremes of emotions, just listening to her story that I cannot believe what it would have been like to have personally lived through such abuse.

My immediate reaction was one of anger. I love my sister and I would do anything for her, and recently I wanted to have her husband arrested and thrown in jail. Then I wanted all the leaders of that "monogamous" church charged for Failure To Protect. But of course this is all for the courts to decide.

I am struggling with how to begin Mary-Beth's story. I mean, how can anyone eloquently word a story of abuse and betrayal? So I will just start blurting it out and going from there.

Mary-Beth was always a good girl. She wasn't perfect, and did do things wrong, but first and foremost her desire was to her family. For as long as I can remember, Mary-Beth had wanted to get married. We both endured similar child abuse, which brought us close and we often discussed what we would do when we were the parents and had our own children. Mary-Beth wanted to find a man who was not violent or controlling, while I wanted to find a woman who was not sexually abusive and vindictive. Two very tall orders.

Now to hear of the things that she has had to live through, I am sick to my stomach. I feel like throwing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment