Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Ranting

My visit to my childhood home brought back many memories, mostly bad. I was in such a terrible state that looking back on my recent posts, I can see that my writing became quite clouded. I am not a professional writer, and I did terrible in English literature class, but I should be able to write coherent sentences.

I went back to my first post, to remind myself of why I began this blog. I have always tried to tell my own story, which by personal experience was in direct opposition to the widespread bias' in Canadian society at large. My main form is to follow a satirical approach, yet I feel that I need to clarify myself. Everything that I write on my blog has actually happened. I strive to keep my comments (even those in satirical form) to just the facts, though I express my opinion quite often. I realize that the facts are not always popular, but they are what they are, and just because some people do not like the facts, does not make them any less factual.

Funny thing, most posts on my blog that are/seem satirical were not meant to be. They were just my real life experiences. It is sad to think that my life is such a satire.

I have endured a great deal of strife in my life and my conversion to a certain system of plural marriage has brought me hope for a better life and peace from many of the abuses in the culture I left behind. I do not advocate that my choice is the right choice for everyone. I am a very firm believer in personal choice. And I believe that each person must make their own choices. From a religious perspective, I believe that God loves all of us and will lead us to where we need to be in our lives. This means that some may follow one religion, some another, some may lean toward a great philosopher or philosophy, some may advocate a blend of disciplines or beliefs, some may feel an inexplicable connection with nature. There have been times where I have forgone expressing my views in a spiritual context, because I have not wanted to offend others. The only problem with this is that I do not feel that I have been true to myself, so I am re-committing myself to the original intent of my blog.

After re-reading some of my posts from the beginning of this blog, I have decided that I will continue to use satire to express my views, and I will allow for the occasional rant (or perhaps I will rant often, I haven't fully decided yet:). Either way, I hope that there is something to be gleaned, and perhaps someone may find something of value in my ramblings.

No comments:

Post a Comment