Friday, November 26, 2010

My Side, Your Side, And The Truth

I know that this article has been up for some time, but I would like to post a link to it here.

http://www.thecurseof1920.com/blog/?p=91

My uncle was fond of saying "There are three sides of every story. My side, your side, and the truth."

Well I have always found this proverb to be self evident. Yet, I am as guilty of anyone in seeing my own side first. In fact, there have been times when I have purposely focused on my side first, just because I was hurt, and wanted to be understood. Then I acknowledge the other persons point of view and try to work out our differences. Now I know that we are all aware of people who just cannot let go, and even when they are long since proven incorrect, they adamantly hold to their original lies.

The truth is, unless we see into every aspect of everyone's lives, we will never completely know the truth. Yet, this should not deter us from striving to work out our differences and put a genuine effort into living in peace and harmony, with freedom and equality for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment