Sunday, June 21, 2009

Hated, by Mormons and Non-Mormons Alike

No doubt, there will be many mormon, and anti-mormon people who will disagree with my take on things. I have often been ostracized and hated by mormons and non-mormons alike. The non-mormons express their dislike for me because of my mormon beliefs, and the mormons express their dislike for me because of my lofty ideals, they think I am too mormon.

Well, let's get this out in the open, so that everyone will know where I stand. I espouse the loftier ideals that were presented to the inner church by Joseph Smith Jr, and similar ideals that are espoused by the various nazarite communities around the world. Only when a person gives up all worldly attachments and seeks after the welfare of others, is that person then free. Yet, everytime I look in the mirror, I see a person who is not even close to reaching those ideals.

In other words, one of the reasons the mormons hate me is because I do not accept their adultery (they call it fornication and 'serial monogamy'). I believe in the law of chastity, that sexual relations should be kept for marriage, and that marriage is intended by God to be an unbreakable covenant. And chastity in a plural marriage situation should also be lived to the highest degree.

I mention these things because there is so much written on the immorality of plural marriage, when it is really the opposite. Those entering a plural marriage covenant must be willing to live to an extremely high moral standard, or the marriage will fail.

I also feel the same way toward other laws of God, such as not killing, not stealing, not bearing false witness, honouring mother and father, etc.

Well, that should attract a disgruntled remark or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment